9/1 Lab

On 9/1 lab, I gram stained from plates for the second time. These samples were unknown, so to ensure accuracy, another lab partner helped with the inoculating and staining. I redid my slides and stains twice, because my first round was very much user-error. First, I was waiting for the sample to dry on the slide, and went to heat fix it too soon, so some of the water, I'm assuming with some of the sample in it, slide out of the wax circle I had drawn. I then heat fixed a different sample, after waiting longer for them to dry, and I held it over the flame for too long, resulting in a piece of the slide breaking off. I was still able to gram stain it, but the sample was grey/black under the microscope.

After redoing the slides and gram stains, there was a bit of color in my samples. Unfortunately, there was not much, but this is the most colorful out of all of my samples.

Comments

  1. The gram stains were a pain to do, I had barley any color on mine and I couldn't see what was positive. Then looking under the microscope it was almost impossible to see what I was looking at. I eventually figured it out, but boy was it a process to do

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10/16 + 10/19 Lab

3/24 Lab

Week of 4/1